Tuesday 4 November 2014

The Colour Run + Raymond's Cafe

On Sunday 2nd Nov, my friends and I participated in The Colour Run (more like the colour walk for us but you get the idea). It was great fun but we were disappointed that we didn't manage to get more colour on us. I think if we do it again we'll cover ourself head to toe with the colourful powder and make sure not to miss the final festival where everyone released their powder packet at the same time. The cleaning station afterwards was pretty intense as I got 2 big blows to my face with a leafblower but at least I was clean afterwards!



After the event, we all went to get some brunch at Raymond's Cafe. It's a nice cozy cafe that I would love to visit more often if I lived closer. They had old records on the wall, magazines from the 70s and utensil holders covered with the likes of ABBA and Rod Stewart.

I was tossing up between the pulled pork roll + coleslaw with dill pickle and potato crisps or the zucchini fritters + poached eggs + avocados + beetroot relish + some-sauce-I-can't-remember-now. We all wondered what they meant by 'potato crisps'. I was glad that I stuck to my original choice of zucchini fritters as potato crisps didn't mean some fancy-cut potatoes, it was literally that - original flavoured chips - it was different but in a good way I guess. The roll was quite nice apparently.

Picture taken from their Facebook page as I didn't get one of my own

I don't know if the smiley face was intentional but it's cute

I was glad that we were still able to order from the breakfast menu as my zucchini fritters were sooooo good. The eggs were perfectly runny, the fritters had a nice balance of textures and flavours and I can never complain with avocados and beetroot! The sauce also added a nice tang to it. I felt like that there wasn't enough to satisfy my post-Colour-Run hunger but would've been just the right size for breakfast. My friends ordered the smoked salmon with poached eggs + capers + avocados + feta on toast. One of them said that the smoked salmon was kind of sour (don't know if it was meant to be like that?) but other than that it was good.


You can just about see the salmon under the eggs

WICB? Yes! It's slightly far for me to come here often but I wouldn't mind coming back here to catch up with friends. The owner lady was very lovely and made the place all even more welcoming. I think next time I want to try something from their amazing glass cabinet section.

Raymond's Cafe on Urbanspoon

1 comment:

  1. looks like great fun... wish i was there

    ReplyDelete